minstrel: a rhetorical question

Taftarus at aol.com Taftarus at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 19:08:59 PST 1997

In a message dated 97-03-29 19:52:17 EST, jshewkc at pei.edu (J. Michael Shew)
writes:

> Pan, actually.  If I wanna be a god, it's gotta be the fun one!

Naw, now, Mikal, you must be remembering a different verse of the
Great Universal Hymn than I am -- or haven't heard the accompanying
football-style cheer (wording approximate, from memory):

     Our god is the one god
     Who is really just a fun god
     And so we sing huzzah -- <break & "cheer">
     Ra! Ra! Ra! -- <resume>
     is good enough for me
        Give me that Real Old Time Religion
         &c.

(BTW, Hi, ALL! I've been re-arranging my accounts / screen-names, and
will be following this list as Taftarus at aol.com -- although all of the
addresses noted in my .sig are also current, this one has been reserved
for the minstrel list and some few other non-maillist activities...)

MikeCBaker at aol.com   aka KiheBard at aol.com  OR  kihe at geocities.com
(In the SCA, al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra,
currently residing in Steppes, Ansteorra)
(Among the neo-pagan and filk communities,
Kihe Blackeagle [the Dreamsinger Bard])
I speak for myself, and sometimes others. Here, now, these words are MINE!
(except as noted...)