minstrel: An Idea From Outside the Box

Kathy Lee kal35810 at Jetson.UH.EDU
Mon Mar 24 06:19:06 PST 1997

>	A  Bardic Retreat, here in the center of the
>Kingdoms.  So I am asking all
>of you;  Would you be interested in traveling to
>such an event?  If you were, what type of classes,
>activities, etc. would you want?  What type of
>physical requirements would you have for the site?
>Who,  if any, of the more popular Bards who are
>known Society wide would you wish to meet?  Are
>there any specific contests or events you would want
>to have at such a "retreat?"  What price would seem
>reasonable to everyone?

Personally, I would love to attend such an event...IF it was scheduled at a
convenient time, I could arrange travel, and could get the time off work.
Here's a thought -- what about tacking something like this onto a
pre-existing event that many people will travel to anyway.  The first
weekend of pennsic, perhaps, before the fighting starts.  Or estrella?  You
might get a better turnout.

However you decide to do this, if you decide to do this, let me know what we
can do to help in other kingdoms.  Publicity, organizing transportation
(buses?), teaching classes, etc.

-Kat