minstrel: Performing in Feast Halls (LONG)

Edwin Hewitt brogoose at pe.net
Thu Mar 13 20:39:03 PST 1997

At 09:52 AM 3/13/97 -0500, Greg Lindahl wrote:
>....But the best coronations I've been to were the ones at
>which gift giving and miscellaneous fealty-swearing happened while
>their Majesties sat in state, not during court. It's a lot to ask
>everyone to be quiet and pay attention to something....

I went to a court in Atenveldt long ago where the court was held
during the feast.  Our group was near the center of the hall, but
we couldn't hear the presentations.  The Herald didn't bother asking
for quiet, because he knew it was a lost cause.  The only thing I
could figure was that the court was held for the King and Queen,
rather than for the populous - since the populous really couldn't
hear it.  A bard would have had a frustrating time.

Edwin.