minstrel: aid for baby bards

Tue Mar 11 09:01:29 PST 1997

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Harold Feld wrote:

> I strenuously disagree.  Rather, feedback should be at a specified time
> (immediately after the performance).  Folks should have room to experiment,
> and a recognition that there are many styles and things that work for some
> folks don't for others and vice versa.  However, I do believe that there
> are somethings that are flat out *worng*, and that folks should be told how
> to strengthen their performance.

In the best of all worlds, a workshop like this should be a place where it
is acceptable to fail and do badly, and no one will think the worse of
you.  This should be an environment where the performer feels free to try
new things, and risk doing poorly.  Far better to take these risks in a
workshop where risks are acceptable than to try somethign for the first
time in front of a real audience.
Aye,
Eogan