minstrel: aid for baby bards

William and Scianna Augustine Peregrine.Ent at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 9 21:10:10 PST 1997

Good gentles:

I come to beg a boon of this group. I am starting a monthly bardic
workshop in the Barony of Starkhafn. The goal is to provide support,
advice, and assistance to bards of all levels of skill in our area. We
plan to provide a place where performers can practice their crafts,
improve performance skills, and work on new (or old) material. At GWW, I
had the opportunity to get invaluable information from True...I mean,
Thomas White Hart, and Thomas Bordeaux, among others. Now I turn to all
of you.
	- If one of you has done this sort of regular workshop, what do you
feel is most important to keep in mind?
	- What suggestions might you have for dealing with the effects of
"constructive criticism"?
	- What suggestions do you have in terms of structure of the evening?
	- What general advice might you have for me, as the
moderator/facilitator?

Any and all suggestions you might have will be greatly appreciated. With
thanks in advance for your kind assistance,

Scianna