minstrel: virtual singing lessons?

Stephanie Desideria at msn.com
Sun Mar 2 12:34:32 PST 1997

Good gentles, I come to you seeking advice. Between a very sick car, and low
finances, I've had to abandon singing lessons at this time. I'm still trying
to fix the worst flaw in my voice, however, and I hope that some of you may
have suggestions..? Please?

I suffer from a break in mid-range. This falls from the F above middle C to
the G or A above middle C. On those notes, I can hear myself 'shifting gears'
to the higher register. Those notes tend to be off as a result. I can hear it
even when I do scales, though then it's less obvious.

Any suggestions? I realize that I can seek a less-expensive and more local
singing teacher, but I understand that a poor teacher can REALLY damage a
voice, so I'm reluctant to take any teacher that isn't recommended by word of
mouth from a singer I trust.

Please respond privately to save bandwidth.

My thanks for your time and attention,

Desideria at msn.com