minstrel: Re: King Arthur search

Nicholson, Drew DNicholson at tasc-il.org
Thu Feb 27 06:15:51 PST 1997

I have a friend who is looking for a tale of one of King Arthur's knights.

The knight  finds this lady and marries her.  She is completely lovely for 12
hours a day and unspeakably ugly the other 12.  He gets to choose which 12 hours
of the day she is lovely.  After much thought, he choose that she be lovely
during the day, so that all his friends can also enjoy her loveliness.  After
being married for a year, and sleeping next to this ugly woman by night, she
rewards him for his kindness and becomes lovely all the time.

Does anyone have any idea which knight this is and where I might find a copy of
the story?  Also, is it period?

Andrew Blackwood MacBaine the Purple
MidRealm jougler-without-portfolio

"They say we are few.  They say we are the SCA's fringes.  Show them they are
wrong, and help us make rapier more visible then ever it has before.  Let's all
go out there and shame those who made this necessary!"
Don Giovanni of Trimaris
"I only have words.  But words are strong enough."  William Jay Smith
Discrimination is not Justice!
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of my
employer, TASC, Inc.
Drew Nicholson           Andrew Blackwood MacBaine the Purple
Research                       Tree Girt Sea Rapier Champion
TASC, Inc.                     The MidRealm