minstrel: *GASP* I WAS WRONG!!!!

Katherine Penney Katherine_Penney at ccm.jf.intel.com
Tue Feb 18 09:37:00 PST 1997

So, I was doing the same old research this weekend...and I accidentally
stumbled upon documentation for Mad Tom o Bedlam...

Seems that Tom o Bedlam dates to a broadside of 1615.  In the book I was
looking at, there was only one verse listed (The ____'s my constant
mistress...) but it was definitely VERY similar to the version that
[Tamar?] originally posted.  I checked another book and found a tune whose
alternate title is (yep, you got it) Mad Tom o Bedlam.

I'm actually quite surprised and humbled by my error, and I'm thinking of
transferring my subscription to the mailing list to my home account so I
have my books handy, to keep things like this from happening.

I apologize for guessing rather than documenting.

Humbly,
Constance