minstrel: Musicians needed for SCA dance event

Starfeather flynn at cyberspace.org
Tue Feb 11 10:19:01 PST 1997

** ATTENTION MUSICIANS **

The Shire of Cynnabar (Ann Arbor, Michigan) is holding its annual dance
event, Terpsichore at the Tower, on March 29, 1997.

We always love having live musicians to play for the dancing at
Terpsichore, so we are in search of musicians for this dance event.
Please come join in the dance band, and share your talents with us.

We would like to have live musicians to play for both the Caroso Ball in
the afternoon, and the Grand Ball in the evening.

Any type of medieval or renaissance instrument you play is welcome; we'll
find you a part.

The more musicians we have, the easier it will be for you to take a break
to join in the dancing!

If you can play with the dance musicians at Terpsichore, please contact
the musicians' liaison, so that we will have an estimate of how many
musicians will be available to play for the dancing.

** MUSIC **

We are also trying to coordinate before the event to find as much music as
possible for as many dances as possible (We will play tapes only when all
else fails.).  Many popular SCA dances have several versions of the music
available; it would be wonderful to have everyone working from the same
versions.  There are other dances that are difficult to find music for at
all.

If you can offer assistance on sources of dance music, or if you need
information on which versions of the dances we may be using, contact the
musicians' liaison.

** CONTACT INFORMATION **

The liaison for musicians and music at Terpischore is Teleri ferch Morgant
ap Rhys:

	Sharon Spanogle
	813 E. Kingsley #A2
	Ann Arbor, MI 48104
	(313) 663 - 2698		(Call between 10 am and 10 pm)
	flynn at grex.cyberspace.org

For general information about the event, contact Kieran Grey, the Event
Steward:

	Kevin Janka
	(810) 348 - 0209   (home)
	(810) 478 - 7580   (work)