minstrel: Triad challenge revisited

Baker, Mike mbaker at rapp.com
Tue Feb 4 11:23:00 PST 1997

The "double triad" challenge receives a response:

> Since a few of us wrote in responding to Mikal the Ram's challenge,  I
> thought it would be interesting to offer one of my own.   How about a
> "double triad,"  using  not only the form of the triad, but based on
musical
> triads, as well. ... CEG, DFA,  EGB,  FAC,  GBD,  ACE or  BDF

The desirable aspects of a face
     Fairness of visage before
     Acumen of thought behind
     Charity of purpose beyond
          and also
     Equanimity of spirit, if need there be for a fourth aspect, or a single
higher

(Note: although the "triads" typically listed three examples, it was
sometimes popular or extremely important to provide a fourth exemplar. It is
my understanding that this was particularly the case where there was
perceived to be a paramount example truly without compare, a veritable "non
pareil". And, for this exercise, the practice has allowed me a bit of extra
"fun".)

Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)  s.k.a. Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri
al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!