minstrel: The silence is deafening...

Ben Tucker btuck at minstrel.com
Tue Jan 28 21:18:27 PST 1997

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, J. Michael Shew wrote:

> 	Ah, the quiet time that comes in the winter of our lives...
> 	Just to get some kind of activity going here, May I suggest a
> challenge?  Who would match lines with me?

> 	I like to let the challenged bard pick the subject mater, but I am
> willing to take a little leeway in the game if someone cannot bear to make
> the first salvo...

How about Welsh Triads at ten paces?

Write a triad in the form of the Welsh triads, on any medieval or SCA
topic. Anyone who wishe to open a parallel discussion of what makes a
"good triad" in terms of period welsh poetics is welcome to do so.

Here's one I wrote some time back.

The three pillars of bardcraft:
	Respect of the Art
	Respect of the Audience