minstrel: Drum head skins

Alexandria Long longalex at pirates.Armstrong.EDU
Wed Jan 22 15:20:46 PST 1997

If you use deer and it isn't thin enough, you're going to have a very dead
head, no pun intended. (really.)
Goat can be aquired through Tandy Leather; I got a fairly large piece
(about 10 sq. ft.) for about $30. It sounds wonderful (and loud) on a very
small (8 inch) ceramic drum I made about a year ago. I tried what was
available as well, and found that a little investment went a long way.
Much like filking ideas for "Greensleeves", not that I would encourage
that.
---Cera