minstrel: The Coming of Spring

JP Andrews jpathomas at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 17:10:09 PST 1997

>Very pretty Thomas.  (But I'm not suprised that people did not line up to
>compete against you, I've heard you sing...) Maybe we can get you to reprise
>it at GWW.

Thank you Thomas (I feel like I'm talking to myself;-), I'm pleased you
thought well of it. I wish I could say that my incredible still and good
looks had scared away all the competition (yah, right!), but alas, it
would not be true.  I didn't enter because, as I said, I didn't think the
song had enough to do with winter, which was the theme.  I'm not sure why
no one else entered, but I think it had more to do with the low
attendance at that particular 12th Night (and Caid's historic dislike of
bardic competitions) than anything else.

Besides, there are no shortage of people who could hold there own in any
bardic competition you'd care to name.  You and JJ come to mind...

Regards,

JP Andrews
(Lord Thomas Bordeaux)
Je voudrais que la tondeuse a gazon ecrase le chat du voisin...

Francais pour Chats par Henri de la Barbe