minstrel: Re: Need some critique

TrueRhymer at aol.com TrueRhymer at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 14:32:21 PST 1997

Mikal, you know, I've come up with my own melody line for this
(unfortunately, I can neither read nor write music)...I like it.  By the way,
this is very, very, reminiscent of a piece that Dinah Lehoven (World Famous
Harper) recovered from Ireland called Samradh Samradh...
We bring with us, the leafy branches,
We bring with us , leaves of joy,
Joyful laughter, calves at the milking,
We bring with us leaves of joy...(although I probably have the words wrong,
the tune is dated back possibly to the 5th century, and was used for the
procession of bringing the Maybaby into the Irish and Scottish households)
 Seem's to me that Bridget (saint or goddess) of fire, poetry, and excellence
may have shot you a spark or two;)   Maybe you'll be at GWW, and I can sing
you my version.
True Thomas, Ard Ollav of the Queen Medb Encampment