minstrel: solar crisis, please help!

Baker, Mike mbaker at rapp.com
Thu Jan 9 08:42:00 PST 1997

Mikal,
I can report that it would seem our collective efforts have indeed been
effectual, for the hours of daylight are increasing here in the Steppes of
Ansteorra.

However, we must be diligent still, remembering that there can be too much
of a good thing. Practise for the rites of the summer solstice can never be
begun too early.

And what are those rites which should be practised, that we may provide in
term for the preservation of sufficient darkness? At least some are
associated with matters procreational, and yet others with the heartily
commended activity of seeking repose, and still others with the telling of
tales at the fireside (near the hearth in this season, in the camps as the
season of tourneys returns to further our collective pleasures).

So, let us all make merry with story & song, sleep well & deeply when the
need is upon us, and explore appropriately the pleasures shared by maid &
man. Never too much practise to be gained in any of these three things, so
say I!

Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)  s.k.a. Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri
al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!