minstrel: RE: Translation Note

Baker, Mike mbaker at rapp.com
Wed Jan 8 08:32:00 PST 1997

>    By the by, Hve you written anythin recently?

Nothing ready for release. And mostly, by the by, either employment-related
or snippets that are turning into a dark fantasy / fantasy-horror tale
patterned very loosely upon the grief of Shaka Zulu following the loss of
his mother. (And which I think may just make something suitable for
commercial sale... although I expect to adapt it for camp-fire recitation as
well.)

However, I've got one project still percolating which is related to a
suggestion made by the Emira of Ansteorra HRE Valeria, in addition to an
essay-form giving serious consideration to the nature of a Lion of Ansteorra
(what it is now, what it once was, what it should be -- and what the customs
appear to indicate was the historical basis).

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!