minstrel: RE: Translation Note

J. Michael Shew jshewkc at pei.edu
Tue Jan 7 20:42:05 PST 1997

	Hey rant all you want.  I am currently their pet "Scadian",
allowed access to their conversations and not flamed for being a "dweeb"
on their net.  I think it has to do with the poetry I wrote for Johnsaga.
	Oh well, I have often found that the best revenge to have on the
stuffed shirts is to hide the little "Whammies" in my sig lines and wait
the inevitable two or three weeks for them to finally catch on.  Then they
marvel at their fellows who haven't seen it sooner.  Makes them feel
intelligent instead of just informed.  (They also email me for tips in
playing MYST.  Seems that is too hard for the upper educated as well.)
	I have only updated it for this net.  I will continue to use the
unedited version elsewhere untill others catch it.  I love the wait!
	By the by, Hve you written anythin recently?
	Mikal Hrafspa

    Mikal the Ram; an annoying Bard of no redeeming qualities
	That he is bright, let no man boast
	But take good heed of his tounge
	The silent sage , will seldom need grief
	They are honored here in the hall
	A friend more faithful, you will never find
	Than a shrewd head on your shoulders
			The Hamaval  (translation mine)