minstrel: RE: Translation Note

J. Michael Shew jshewkc at pei.edu
Mon Jan 6 18:24:14 PST 1997

	unto Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, and all others:
	Damn! found out again!
	My little "in-jokes" on the Oldnorsenet seem to go right over the
heads of the Profs and really educated guys.  And someone from the SCA,
(they reffer to it as "that organization of fantasy-headed fools" or
TOFHF,) gets it right off!
	Yup, having a little grin at the expense of those too lazy to
read the quotes.  Did some earlier ones, too.  Did you miss them?
	Oh well, I'll kill it now and think up some other devilment...
	Mikal Hrafspa

    Mikal the Ram; an annoying Bard of no redeeming qualities
	That he is bright, let no man boast
	But take good heed of his tounge
	The silent sage , will seldom need grief
	They are honored here in the hall
	A friend more faithful, you will never find
	Than a shrewd head on your shoulders
			The Hamaval  (translation mine)