minstrel: Happy New Year

CONSORTMUS at aol.com CONSORTMUS at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 17:27:05 PST 1997

Mikal the Ram, that annoying bard with no redeeming qualities asks whether
there is  composition program software for adults.

There are several programs available, but I'm only familiar personally with Fi
nale.  This is a pretty expensive program, and unless you have a keyboard
with midi capabilities, you have to use the mouse to place the cursor on the
correct staff line and click the notes into the score, which is a chore.
 This program is the industry standard, or so I'm told.  I don't know of any
adult programs on the level you wrote about, but I'm sure they do exist.

If you find one that has the capabilities of  Finale,  but is easier to use,
please let me know!    Thank you and good luck.

Mary Sinclair