minstrel: Happy New Year

William and Scianna Augustine Peregrine.Ent at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 4 09:45:41 PST 1997

> ps - AFTER you have learned to read music, if you have an IBM-compatible
> computer, ask me about the $50 music program I compose my music on.  It
> allows you to listen as you go, so if you make a mistake, you can
> correct it on the page before printing it out.
> Laura McKinstry   aka   Lark of Cire Freunlaven
> Dallas, TX              Steppes, Ansteorra

Details, please. I'm learning to read and write music through a computer
studio program, but unfortunately, I can't print from it. If you have a
good and inexpensive recommendation, I'd be delighted to hear about it.
Yes, teaching yourself is hard, and as another respondent said, the
biggest issue is time to sit and concentrate. It's like learning another
language -- learned in childhood, it becomes part of you...in adulthood,
it's a struggle to master. I'm fortunate in having had a year of piano
lessons when I was six, so at one time I had the beginning fundamentals.
I also married a former math professor and Balkan folk dancer, who can
help me with rhythms. I find his assistance invaluable, but that option
might be a stretch for others...
Scianna Aoibhell