Bagpipes,

White Tree Productions ioseph at locksley.com
Fri Nov 3 05:40:18 PST 1995

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Brian Wilkins wrote:

> 	Can anyone tell me what the notes are on a Scottish bagpipe
> scale? Or on the Uillean (sp?) pipes which are so popular on movie
> soundtracks?
>
>    Brian Wilkins	SCA: Braian MacNaughton (Wyvernwood, Trimaris)

"A Mixolydian" in an un-tempered scale on the Highland pipes. Sort of.

 locksley at locksley.com          PO Box 35190          Locksley Plot Systems
 White Tree Productions       Phoenix, AZ 85069             CyberMongol Ltd
         "Do not ascribe your own motivations to others. At best,
            it will break your heart, at worst, get you dead."
*song lyrics at ftp.dnaco.net  pub/sca/locksley  - tapes at 1-510-735-9663*
          For a Good Time, call  http://www.primenet.com/~ioseph/