Music program,

Heather Rose Jones hrjones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 1 08:57:09 PST 1995

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Brian Wilkins wrote:

> 	Does anyone know of a music program which will:
> 		a) allow midi imput
> 		b) allow keyboard input
> 		c) allow keyboard editing of music input via midi
> 		d) allow for variable formats (i.e. lines per page,
> 			using either single clef or double clef music, etc.
> 		e) print decent music once all is said and done.
> 	This doesn't have to be a share-ware program (although I suppose
> it would be nice), I'm looking for suggestions for any program that will
> allow the above functions.

I don't know of any shareware programs for music notation that would do
much of the above, but all the commercial programs I'm familiar with do
all that and much more. Anyone considering investing in music notation
software would probably benefit from sending off for the catalog from:

Computers & Music
647 Mission St.
San Francisco CA 94105
(415) 541-5350

The catalog includes extensive descriptions and reviews of the products.
(Standard disclaimer: my relationship to this company is only that of a
past customer.)

Tangwysytl verch Morgant Glasvryn