Wire-strung harp

Jennifer Bogut JBOGUT at marvin.csrv.uidaho.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:17:51 PDT 1995

I am wondering if anyone on this list can recommend a source of
information for learning how to "dampen" strings while playing
wire-strung harps.  I just purchased a wire-strung harp, and am used
to the nylon strings, and have no one to show me in person.  Is there
perhaps a good book, instructional tape, or whatever, out there that
I'm not aware of?

Please advise!  Thank you!

Also, were harps played on the left or right shoulder in the Middle
Ages and Renaissance?  Is there documentation somewhere out there for
this?

Thanks

Lady Carthann Bean Eachann
(Jennifer Bogut)