non-verbal communication

Robin Hilp robin at data.microtekintl.com
Thu Sep 7 13:11:47 PDT 1995

I'm looking for info on body language.  Is anything written about this
... maybe someone somewhere studied paintings or stage directions or
interior decorating and drew some conclusions ... How close did people
stand to each other?  What did eye contact or lack thereof (or direction
of gaze) signify?  Are any specific gestures known?  What habitual postures
were associated with specific classes or trades?  Are there any known
rules for table manners or is it all hollywood guesswork based on daggars
and conanoid jaw muscles?

The Charlemaigne years are my primary interest but I'll take whatever I
can get ... *grins*