Greetings!

Harry Miller hmiller at u.washington.edu
Sat Sep 2 20:05:35 PDT 1995

On Sat, 2 Sep 1995 Yaakov wrote:

> I do primarily story-telling and poetry and, to kick off the first
> discussion, wage a personal campaign to eliminate the use of the word
> "bardic" to describe all entertainment activitiy.

Huzzah and Hear Hear.  I knew I wasn't the only one to find this a very
Silly Thing, and about as annoying as calling everything that is vaguely
mystic or Euro-nature-oriented "Celtic."  Not that I want to get these
discussions off to a cranky start.  Perhaps someone could tell us how the
term came to be the generic one?