hist-games: Snakes and Ladders documentary

SEDWilkins at aol.com SEDWilkins at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 04:13:42 PDT 2012

>>Board games have the capacity to focus consciousness. They can
strengthen conscious directionality.<<

Mats - fascinating article. Do you think the prevalence of cardinal points
in board games may factor into this as "locating the self in the cosmos"?

I would expect that the reed games of North America and the stone games of
Africa, both of which apparently involved significant mental math, were
similarly "focusing," although without "boards" the lack of extant artifacts
makes this much more difficult to examine.

-Sally  Wilkins

In a message dated 7/11/2012 2:01:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,