hist-games: International Conference at the 2012 US Go Congress

P Shotwell pshotwell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 06:38:14 PDT 2011

Hello all,

PRELIMINARY CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS TO A CONFERENCE ON THE INFLUENCE OF GO IN
INTERNATIONAL HISTORY, ART, LITERATURE, PHILOSOPHY, SCIENCE, EDUCATION,
POLITICS, PEACE, WARFARE AND MORE

We are trying to determine the feasibility of an international academic
conference at the 2012 Go Congress in North Carolina for a few days sometime
between August 4 and August 11.. This would expand on the highly successful
one held in Sweden in 2008 (http://egc2008.eu/en/events/symposium.php). We
will be looking for sponsors, but first we need to know how many people
would be interested in presenting papers if expenses were a) fully funded b)
partially funded (in terms of amount) c) not at all.except for room and
board for the days of the conference.
Please write me at pshotwell at gmail.com and mention possible topics and what
travel expenses might be incurred.
Thank you,
Peter Shotwell and Paul Celmer

*** The idea is to expand on the art and literature themes to include
speakers from the go computer world, education, reflections on go from the
viewpoint of other games, history and etc.