hist-games: Tibetan Gundru

M Winther mwi9 at swipnet.se
Sat Mar 13 02:20:11 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "M Winther" <mwi9 at swipnet.se>
To: <hist-games at www.pbm.com>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: hist-games: Tibetan Gundru

> Also, Mig-mang is a territorial game, according to Wikipedia. One must
> conquer more than 50% of the territory, and it is explicitly said that one
> can only make one-stone interception capture. So it seems clear that
> Gundru is a game in its own right. Thanks to P. Michaelsen, who sent me the details from a book about Tibet:
>
> Mats

These rules are not authentic Mig-mang rules it seems. Gundru
and Mig-mang is probably the same. I had however misunderstood
the rules. Capture of L-shaped styructures can occur all over the
board. This makes the capture capability even more similar to Go.
Please have a look on below link, at the last diagram.
http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/gundru.htm

Mats