hist-games: Contents of hist-games digest...

Wolfram Troeder Rabennest at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 02:33:51 PDT 2009

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:45:52 +0100
> From: jon at gothic green oak <jon at gothicgreenoak.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: hist-games: What's the one game (or maybe two or three)
> 	you would include?
> To: Jane & Mark Waks <waks at comcast.net>
> Cc: hist-games at www.pbm.com
>
> Justin
>
> Hope I can help with the following
>
> Gluckshaus is easy to construct, may be played by several people any of
> whom may leave the game at some point and might be replaced by someone
> else, and has the additional positive feature of requiring no skill
> whatsoever.
Also there is no need of an elaborate board
In favour of that.

> Finally I have to put a word in for my favourite of all the tafl games -
> known in the country where I currently live (Wales) as Tawl Bwrdd (Tafl
> played on and 11 x 11 board). Big enough to be interesting but not too
> big to intimidate.
>
> Good luck
As a new member of the tafl-family I would propose haretafl or hare&hounds

My personal favorite is Pochen.

Also the "echec des damesW is reconizable for most as it is chess with compulsatory capture.

Tassilo

--
GMX FreeDSL mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!
http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-aktionspreis/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a