hist-games: What's the one game (or maybe two or three) you would include?

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:47:56 PDT 2009

> So the question I put to y'all, as I ponder this, is: what would you
> include? Choose one to three games that you think suit these
> requirements, that you think would be good for this article. I've got a
> few options in mind already, but I haven't made up my mind, so I'm
> interested in what everybody else has to say.

Morris, hazard and tafl.
If you have an option for pictures, morris boards in their original
form are very easy to find, proving they're also easy to draw.  Hazard
was _the_ period dice game. Ad while tafl has thhat tricky odd number
of rows on the board, there are too many good variants of it to not
include.

These are, by the way, by New SCA Member's Basic Training games. :)

- Teceangl
--
Head returns off at the pass -
http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/boing.html