hist-games: Waddesdon Printed Board Games - Study day 28 May

ADRIAN SEVILLE adrian.seville at btopenworld.com
Fri Apr 17 08:31:04 PDT 2009

The ephemera collection at the Rothschild's Waddesdon Manor in Buckinghamshire is less well known than it deserves.  It includes some 50 significant printed board games, mostly French, dating from the late 17th to the early 19th centuries.  Many are based on the jeu de l'oie but there are some interesting novelties.  I shall be talking about a selection of these games on Thursday 28 May 2009 at the house.  There will be an opportunity for close study of these games and discussion after the talk.  The day also includes a session, led by Phillipa Plock, on the 18th century French Trade Cards in the collection, and other aspects of ephemera will be addressed during the day.

Please contact me for further details or visit the Waddesdon web site, and look under Events.

Adrian Seville