hist-games: Article in Psych Perspectives

M Winther mwi9 at swipnet.se
Thu Mar 12 22:27:45 PDT 2009

Den 2009-03-12 22:29:27 skrev P Shotwell <pshotwell at gmail.com>:

> Dear Mat,
> What kind of an article is it?
> I am curious because I wrote and extensive article on cognitive psych
> and go at www.usgo.org/bobhighlibrary (scroll down).
> Best,
> Peter Shotwell

Peter,
It's not concerned with cognition. I discuss mandala structures and
how the denote different stages in the progression of consciousness,
And what's behind the divinatory aspect of boardgames, etc. The
article is to appear in beginning 2010. You seem to have written much
on Go. I wonder if Go was ever used for divination. The Chinese used
Chinese Chess (Xiangqi) for divination by throwing the pieces on the
board.

Mats