hist-games: Need reference in Glonnegger: Das Spiele-Buch...

M Winther mwi9 at swipnet.se
Thu Mar 12 05:04:38 PDT 2009

Den 2009-03-12 11:40:41 skrev Peter Michaelsen <PMI at KM.DK>:

> Hello Mats,
>On pages 186-187.
> Are you working especially with Gala right now?
>Best wishes,
> Peter Michaelsen.

Hello Michael,

Thanks all, for the replies (I already got four, if you reply by pressing
"Reply to all", then people needn't answer independently). I only
discuss Gala in its symbolical aspect. I remember that you took an
interest in Arnold Mayer's reconstruction (which I implemented here:
http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/gala.htm ). If you have found out
something new, please tell me. I am suspicious of Mayer's rules, while
it doesn't seem easy to win using my implementation.

If you have found out a reliable source for the Greek bear game "Chase
the hare" (the quadratic one), please tell me so that I can publish
it. I have implemented it and it works finely. The functionally best bear
games, by the way, are the ones that Ulrich Schädler describes in
'Bärenjagd in Augusta Raurica?' in the Hauszeitschrift 1. Halbjahr 2002.

Best,

Mats Winther