hist-games: Rithmomachia question

Tim Moore druigey at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 12:06:16 PST 2009

A question came up last night during a game regarding the Proper Victories.

  We've been using the ruleset from gamecabinet.com and have also been refering to the instructions from jdcouer.org for additional insight as needed but couldn't determine an answer.

  The Black Player lined up what appeared to be an Arithmetic Progression on the White players side.

  6b,7w,__,4b, 5w,__,2b

  The 6, 4, and 2 were all two spaces apart in the same row.  However we couldn't find any reference that discussed whether or not the progression was influenced (disallowed) by the enemy pieces in the spaces in between.

  For those with Rithmomachia experience, any insight or input would be grand.

  Thanks,

  Tim