hist-games: alea evangelii

Damian Walker damian at snigfarp.karoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 23:08:08 PDT 2008

Quoting u.schaedler at museedujeu.com's message of Yesterday:

> See my discussion of ancient celtic games in the Stanway excavation report,
> which has been published earlier this year (I offered pdf files to all
> interested).

I would be interested in this, if I'm not too late to ask!  I don't know
why I missed the earlier offer.

The information I have, from David Parlett's book, puts this at 12x8,
which isn't the biggest game board of this type discovered.  I can't
remember now where I got the information about the 13x10 board from;
most likely it will be from Murray, Bell or David Parlett's book.

--
Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/