hist-games: Tafl gaming pieces from Truso.

Piotr Adamczyk piotr.adamczyk at muzeum.elblag.pl
Fri Jun 27 00:36:12 PDT 2008

There is no historical evidence of melting amber. From the Poland there is only one small amber bead found in Wolin (also the Viking settlement) with the hole made in it with the use of very hot drill. If you use heat - amber will of course be softer but will also get darker.
You can use such tools as: drill (special type called in Poland drele or drajla), different kinds od drills, knives, some file, glass or flint and so on.
I am working also as an early medieval amber worker - I am using the reconstructed tools of an amber worker from the Truso. Some pictures:
http://muzeum.elblag.pl/index1.php?id=11&idd=28

http://muzeum.elblag.pl/index1.php?id=11&idd=24

http://muzeum.elblag.pl/index1.php?id=11&idd=22

Piotr Adamczyk