hist-games: XIIIth century games

Jon at Gothic Green Oak jon at gothicgreenoak.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 09:55:11 PDT 2008

Justin

Thanks for pointing this out - itll make fascinating reading.

 I actually provide a table (2 copies) of all the progressions with the game
so people can play without fully understanding the maths. I think it is the
fact that I understand Arithmetic and Geometric progression but not the
Harmonic that puts me off - one day Ill give it a go.

I assume that the game, when played in the 11th C, had Roman numerals
painted on the tiles (just to make the picture complete!)

jon