hist-games: XIIIth century games

Jon at Gothic Green Oak jon at gothicgreenoak.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 03:31:39 PDT 2008

I agree Rithmomachy  / Rithmomachia (someone who knows please send a message) would only have been played by the educated, and numerate at that. However for an early medieval game it has survived well so must have been played by a sufficient number of the educated and numerate over the past centuries for the rules to have survived.

( also, I make it and it sells well !)

jon