hist-games: Bear games

M Winther mwi9 at swipnet.se
Tue Jun 10 11:14:26 PDT 2008

Den 2008-06-04 09:09:40 skrev <u.schaedler at museedujeu.com>:

I have now played against my Bear game implementations and they are
really clever games. I was worried about rectangular 1 (the less elaborate
 from Augst) because Zillions took so long time to win, so I began to think
that perhaps a win cannot be forced. However, when playing manually I,
making use of my strategical human brain, try to occupy the centre and drive
the bear to the periphery. Then Zillions signals win in 7 moves or so. Of
course, the last moves aren't trivial to execute. The fact that Zillions has
problems in such a relatively simple game is a phenomenon that sometimes
occurs. It has to do with the fact that Zillions doesn't understand the strategy
in this particular. He wins by trial and error instead.

These games are so attractive and function so finely so it cannot be a
chance occurence. They are authentic.

Mats