hist-games: Rithromachy question

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 15:24:48 PDT 2007

Tim Moore wrote:
> For anyone that has played Rithromachy, what would be your best guess as
> to how long a game of Rithromachy would take (players are game
> experienced/rithromachy inexperienced) if playing to one of the greater
> victories?

Honestly? Quite a while. I've only played to the lesser victories, and
*that* typically takes a couple of hours. My suspicion is that, until
you're good at it, it's probably a long time to set up one of the
greaters -- 5-10 hours wouldn't astonish me, given how much setup is
needed to accomplish it.

That said, if anyone's played to a greater victory, they'll have a more
informed opinion. Peter, have you done this?