hist-games: medieval chess men

u.schaedler at museedujeu.com u.schaedler at museedujeu.com
Thu Jun 14 00:25:20 PDT 2007

Hi,
as far as I know, there are no medieval pieces resembling the extra men of
the Courier-Chess around. Literature about pieces for medieval chess
variants is extremely scarce. I have dealt with chess pieces for arabic
medieval chess variants in a paper published in "The Chess Collector" 1,
1998, but it doesn't deal with Courier Chess.

Ulrich

  _____