hist-games: Cloth Game Boards

Michael Mckay seaan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 24 23:31:58 PDT 2007

I have seen some examples of game boards being printed on paper.  The V&A
has a Game of Goose print (that I've lost the exact date for - either 16th
century or 18th century).  I've also seen an Italian print dating from
mid-1600 based on rolling 3 dice (pretty similar to a modern day craps
table).  -mjm-