hist-games: query re: gambling competitions

Crescentia _ crescentia3 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:31:33 PDT 2006

I'm organizing a gambling competition for an upcoming SCA event, and was
looking for any interesting/ different/ offbeat ideas as to how to go about
formatting the competition. I had thought about using it as an opportunity
to introduce people to some more obscure games than the usuals--- but I also
didn't want to overwhelm them when they just wanted to have fun. ^_^

Does anyone have any suggestions for an interesting direction in which to
take this, a historical story around which to build the competition, or just
an unusual approach to recommend?

Thanks,
-Crescentia