hist-games: Gala

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 17:13:05 PDT 2006

Mats Winther wrote:
> In my latest research on Gala I have found that there are, at least, two
> different versions of Kampa (pawn) promotion. In my latest upload I
> have included both these.
> http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/gala.htm

Question: which source(s) are you finding particularly informative on
this game? The Bell book isn't very helpful, and I don't think I have
the other sources; I'm curious which would be useful to pick up. In
particular, I'm interested in primary-source information that would give
me a better idea of where we know the game *from*, so that I can make an
informed decision about when it's appropriate in an SCA context.

(The only other source I have with a game by this name is Murray, and
his descriptions seem to be talking about a different game entirely...)