hist-games: Board Games -- Suggestions Requested

Damian Walker damian at snigfarp.karoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 22:03:33 PDT 2006

Quoting smcclune at earthlink.net's message of Yesterday:

> Tablut is a very good idea, and one that should be easy enough to do.

You might also like to consider alternative board sizes for this game.
7x7 games were popular in Scotland and Ireland, 11x11 and 13x13 have
been found in Scandinavia and the Faroe Islands, and 15x15 and 19x19
appear to have been played in England.  The 16x12 inch boards would be
ideal for an 11x11 or 13x13 square game.  I have a variety of board
layouts at my hnefatafl site (URL below).

--
Damian - http://tafl.snigfarp.karoo.net/