hist-games: Board Games -- Suggestions Requested

smcclune at earthlink.net smcclune at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 25 10:08:06 PDT 2006

Greetings to the list!

I am in the process of putting together a set of wooden game boards.  The boards will be 12" x 16".  The idea is that they will fit inside the tray of a wooden chest I made as part of a local group project.  The inside of the tray is already painted for tables/backgammon, and the other side has a chess board.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what additional boards I might want to include?  I would prefer to stick with games from medieval or renaissance Europe, if possible.  I'm currently considering Nine Man Morris, Fox and Geese, Alquerques, and probably Gluckshaus; are there any others I ought to include?  Any favorites that perhaps I haven't heard of yet?

Many thanks!
S. McClune
(known in the SCA as Arwen Southernwood)