hist-games: Fw: LOTERIA

Nina Shor nina at cablevision.net.mx
Mon Feb 13 22:21:46 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Nina Shor
To: hist-games at www.pbm.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:20 AM
Subject: LOTERIA

Hello:
I am Nina from Mexico, I am traying to find the procedence of a game called
in spanish LOTERIA, it is similar to bingo but insteda of numbers there are
pictures and instead of balls, playing cards. Some say it comes from Spain 1700´s but this
information is not clear at all.

I am also traying to find out about when did snakes and ladders arrived to
Latin América, because I have a board that has been around for years but
nobody knows who did it and when. (same with royal game of goose).
Hope you can help me,
Thank you
Nina