hist-games: Re: BattleHalma

Vegard Krog Petersen vkp at start.no
Thu Dec 15 12:38:30 PST 2005

> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:17:01 +0100
> From: "Mats Winther" <mwi9 at swipnet.se>
> Subject: hist-games: BattleHalma
>
> Oh dear! What have I done! I have turned the peace-loving game
> Halma into a war-game!
>
> http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/battlehalma.htm
>
> Mats

>> BattleHalma is distinguished by its rule of exchange-capture:
>> if the counter is moved to a square which is occupied by an
>> enemy counter, then this is captured.

Can it then still be named %Halma%?

One of the things that makes Halma unique is that pieces are
never captured or removed from the board...

BTW: Like your energy in making games :-)
I must consider getting a copy of this 'Zillions of Games'.

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen, Halden, Norway
http://vegard2.no -