[0.0] hist-games: Interception-capture: Quad

Ramutis Giliauskas Ramutis.Giliauskas at hwcn.org
Sat Dec 10 06:45:38 PST 2005

Removal of pieces occurs through two methods of custodial enclosure. Both
are subtle in their differences and both do NOT occur immediately as a
21st century mind would assume.

During x's turn, x encloses o ......xox
Now, during o's turn, o can try to escape the enclosure or do some other
move.

After o has completed his turn, if o is still enclosed it is NOW removed
before x's turn begins.(www.fid.it/curiosita/storia2.htm)

The above may be better understood if a man is surrounded, he can still
escape or some else can come to his aid, he would not necessarily be
killed immediately.

The other method of enclosure is when a single piece or a  group are
unable to move. They may be pinned against the edge of the board or
surrounded. During the NEXT turn if they are unable to move, then they all
removed in the same sequence as above. ie Prior to the start of the next
player's turn all enemy pieces that are enclosed are now removed.

 .....C Piso ...both your hands rattle with the captured group.

 .....S Bassus .. both theyhands rattle with the prisoned throng.