hist-games: Indian War-games

u.schaedler at museedujeu.com u.schaedler at museedujeu.com
Thu Nov 10 03:48:42 PST 2005

Hi Mats,
just a short remark: the games scratched into the roofing slabs at Kurna
are NOT DATED. Nowadays egyptologists think they are relatively recent
(Islamic period).
There is an "Alquerque"-board scratched into the surface of a rock at
Metschamor, Georgia, difficult to date, and another one scratched in a
block in the Histroical and Town Museum at Barcelona, dated 1st-5th
century AD).

For Indian Games see: Sedentary Games of India, ed by N. Ry and A. Gosh,
Calcutta 1999.

Ulrich Schädler